According to a recent study done by Hubspot, more than 80% of brands use video marketing these days. What’s more, audiovisual material accounts for no less than 78% of all content that is consumed on the web today. Or, to put it another way, 100 million internet users watch video each day, a fact that no business can disregard. And the same goes for your hardware company. But let’s set aside the statistics and get to the heart of the matter. We’ll tell you what video marketing is, what kinds exist, and how you can make it work for you. Let’s get started!
What is video marketing?
Video marketing, as the name implies, is a marketing tool based on video that is spread over the internet and social media. Its goal is to reach different objectives that have been established within your marketing strategy. In turn, video marketing functions to promote and introduce a brand, as well as its services and products.
While designing quality video content requires a short-to-long-term investment in terms of time, effort and money, statistics show that the results are usually very good.
What are the main advantages of video marketing?
Among the main advantages of video marketing, we can find…
- It increases engagement with users because it communicates a quality message in a way that gets the attention of web surfers.
- The messages transmitted through video marketing tend to persist in the memory of the user because they appeal to multiple senses. It has been proven that people are able to remember a brand for more time if they have seen their content via video.
- Content that is shown in these types of videos are more likely to be shared than content that is designed for other media.
- Video marketing helps in making purchase decisions because it is seen as something positive in the mind of the consumer.
- It doesn’t have to be an expensive marketing strategy, especially if the videos are hosted on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Consumption of videos is easy, so easy that it is usually associated with leisure time and entertainment. Getting consumers’ attention will, therefore, be much faster with a video than with any other type of content.
Video marketing: what kinds are there?
Now all that’s left is to see the main types of video marketing that exist.
- Advertising videos. Ads from a brand that are distributed online and on social media.
- Corporate videos. These are videos that inform people what the company is like and what its values are.
- Demos. Here, the function of video marketing is to show how to use a specific product or service.
- Tutorial videos. These are explanatory videos that the viewer can use to improve their knowledge or skills in a given subject matter.
- Events. These show your company’s presence at an event. In turn, they present what the company did there and what the experience was like.
Have you ever thought about doing video marketing for your hardware company? Do you think it could give you good results?
At IBMH, we’ve been proponents of new technologies and tools like this for a long time. And all of our efforts are aimed at improving the profitability of your furniture and construction hardware imports. Get in touch with us today. We’ll be delighted to become your Strategic Purchase Management Office in China.