According to a report from CISCO, in 2021 video will represent more than 80% of internet traffic, which means making an effort to increase audiovisual marketing seems like a good idea, don’t you think? Without a doubt, creating a good corporate video for a furniture hardware business is an excellent idea. Obviously, you have to ensure you are competitive on the communication front as well.
Many companies have opted for corporate videos to get their customers’ attention. This strategy is very effective, but without the proper analysis and reflection, it can bring negative consequences. So… what does a good corporate video look like, and why should you have one?
What is a corporate video?
A corporate video is an audiovisual work whose purpose is to introduce or present a company. It’s a way to transmit emotion and a sense of humanity to an organization.
Its objectives can be varied:
- Attract customers
- Increase time spent on the corporate website
- Provide information on a specific aspect of the company
- Improve the company’s image
- Communicate the company’s values
What a corporate video is NOT
- A corporate video is not a promotional video. The first objective is to talk about the company, while the second is only to persuade the customer to buy.
- It isn’t a compendium of data about the company’s results, either, as good as they may be.
- It isn’t just a sequence of company images (offices, staff, vehicles, etc.) with nice music and narcissistic narration.
Characteristics of a good corporate video for a furniture hardware business
Not just any video will do, since a mediocre video could negatively affect your company’s image. A good corporate video for a furniture hardware business has the following characteristics:
- Message: It’s important to study what sort of message you want to send with the video: innovation, grandeur, internalization, human talent, etc. And always expressing the company’s values through a text that will reach your audience and make an impact.
- Structure: Whatever the theme and whatever the size of the company, these sections are essential:
– A brief Introduction of the company
– The Objective of the corporate video
– The supporting Arguments to back up the message and objective
– A Summary of the message
– Conclusion and closing
- Style: A good corporate video has a story that gets the viewer’s attention. Although there are many ways to do this, at IBMH we opt for a ‘storytelling’ technique: stories that reach the heart and connect with users.
- Tone: However familiar or formal you like, but always using clear language without technical jargon. It should express emotion and be original.
- Photography: Always professional quality visuals and sound. This video will transmit your company’s values, what you are and what you want to be. You do not want to skimp on it.
- Duration: From 2 to 5 minutes. It’s advisable to make several versions of the same video. Putting up a corporate video during an event is not the same as putting it on your homepage or sharing it on social media. Each medium has its own retention time.
Why should you make a corporate video?
- The demand for video on the internet is increasing, so it’s important to have a presence.
- It allows you to improve the presentation of your company to potential customers, thus expanding your business possibilities.
- You will give your brand exposure, differentiating yourself from the competition.
- You will be creating a brand image, not just with your services, but also with your values and social commitments.
- You’ll improve the SEO positioning of your website.
Who should be in charge of making a corporate video for a furniture hardware business?
As you can see, creating a good corporate video that connects with the user isn’t a simple task. For this reason, we recommend that you:
- Find an audiovisual producer with industry experience.
- Demand professional results in both the recording and post-production (effects, color correction, etc.).
- Trust the professional judgment of the producer you have chosen.
- Work as a team with them and participate in every phase you can. As the client, you can infuse the entire video with corporate identity and make it come out perfect. No one knows your company better than you do.
Have you ever thought about making a corporate video for your company? Did you get the result you were looking for? At IBMH, we trust in every marketing tool that is able to faithfully transmit what we are and what we can do for our clients. Wouldn’t you like to reach more people in a more professional way? Maybe creating a good corporate video for a furniture hardware business is a great idea for you!