Storytelling, more than a term is an art that, well used within the digital marketing strategy, can give us a great competitive advantage. What is it? How to carry it out? What do you get? How many guys are there? Can I use it in my hardware business? Let’s go see it!
What is Storytelling? The art of communicating by telling stories
Telling stories, taken to the field of marketing, translates into a tactic that helps us connect with users. If you’re thinking it’s a new technique, nothing further from reality! Telling stories to connect emotionally is as old as human beings. In fact, it has always been widely used in traditional marketing. As digital marketing now takes precedence, the message adapts to the medium reaching the receivers over the Internet. The goal remains to get to appeal to people’s emotional side.
Why do you need to use it in your hardware business? Advantages to consider
Among the advantages of developing Storytelling in a hardware business we highlight:
- Connect more and better with the audience.
- Storytelling awakens the emotions that help purchasing processes.
- For a brand it is a good opportunity to make themselves known and to generate loyalty and trust among users since Storytelling must reflect the values of the company.
- On the other hand, telling stories makes it much easier for them to remember us.
- Customers identify with the brand, it causes interest in getting to know it more thoroughly and allows two-way communication.
Elements of Storytelling, how to carry it out?
Not only is a message transmitted, but a relationship is also created with users. To do this, Storytelling must have the following elements that any novel or narrative has: beginning, development and end.
- Clear, concise and interesting message. What will be communicated (‘Story’) and how that content will be presented (‘Telling’). Remember to define your target audience, who do you want to target?
- Facts must happen somewhere and in a specific context.
- The protagonist(s) around which the story revolves.
- Conflict or development. That’s what’s going to generate the audience the most. What’s wrong? What’s the problem?
- Resolution. The end of the story, how it ends, the conclusion with which we close the narrative.
Main types and characteristics of each one
Storytelling can be classified according to its structure and content:
The brand reviews its career path, how it has grown and what has led it to be where it is.
Real consumption situations
In this case, Storytelling aims to allow users to be reflected in the protagonists. It is very useful for demonstrations of new products, as well as to know how they work.
Oriented in brand values
The story that is told speaks to the values of the brand, its mission and its philosophy. The main objective is that the client relates the brand with the values that will be embodied by the protagonists.
Both the characters and the situations that happen are not real, they are created for the story. The purpose is to convey a relevant message to the consumer that will help you get to know us, have us as a relevant brand, or to discover our products and services. Stories transmit and connect, so they can be an interesting resource for communicating our message.
At IBMH we are always aware of what strategies like this can offer us. Likewise, we are pending to take care of our customers’ business. If you also want to have our Strategic Purchase Management service of hardware and accessories for furniture and construction in China do not think about it anymore and contact us today!