Daily project synchronization meetings, also known in their English term Daily Scrum Meeting, can be very useful when developing a company’s team. By focusing on the tasks of the previous day and what will be carried out in the coming hours, you can give an excellent insight into what is happening and what efforts should focus on. Read the following lines and you’ll find out if it’s an effective method for your hardware business.
What exactly is a Daily Scrum Meeting?
The term Daily Scrum Meeting refers to a daily working meeting. It is done in order to synchronize to the same team. During that meeting, the day is planned. Objectives are shared and a brief summary of what happened in the previous day is made. They make the most of their time. In addition to being brief meetings, no important decisions are made for the company, it simply makes a team sharing.
It is usually done first thing in the morning and lasts at most 15 minutes. Time during which all team members should speak. What’s more, it is advisable to make the Daily Scrum Meeting standing. This prevents attendees from relaxing and therefore it takes longer.
Three questions are answered during the meeting
During this brief working meeting, participants should answer these three questions:
- What was done in the previous day?
- What is going to be done today?
- Are there any obstacles to this?
The main objectives pursued by a Daily Scrum Meeting
The main objectives of the Daily Scrum Meeting are to synchronize the daily tasks of the team, detect if there are problems and check if it is on track to achieve the objectives. Knowledge sharing is encouraged during the meeting.
In turn, it shows what needs to be done and how team members can help each other.
Benefits to highlight from daily team meetings
Among the advantages of carrying out such meetings in the early hours of the morning are the following:
- Increases employee productivity and performance, team engagement, and a sense of belonging.
- Improves internal communication.
- Allows you to make suggestions and contribute ideas.
- Daily tasks are aligned with the achievement of the established objectives.
- The pace of work is determined which can provide a lot of security for team members.
- Thanks to the Daily Scrum Meeting, collaboration is optimized. Also, the job performance, because there is a projection of the work that must be done.
Once you’re clear about what a Daily Scrum Meeting is, the goals it pursues, and everything you can achieve with these daily meetings, you’ll be able to decide for yourself whether it’s an effective technique for your hardware business.
If your goals include improving your imports of furniture and construction hardware from China, you must have the best team and that’s the IBMH team. The partner you are looking for, who will take care of ensuring the success of all your hardware imports from China. Get in touch with us!