Telecommuting is a growing reality. Whether by necessity or because of the fundamental structure of the company, more and more employees are doing their work from outside the office. Thanks to new technology, a new work model is being promoted which rests on the productivity of remote work. Because of this, many are seeing that telecommuting for furniture hardware companies could benefit them.
Why take a chance on telecommuting for furniture hardware companies?
We’ve analyzed the advantages of this work model and studied how to deal with its drawbacks in order to assess the implementation of telecommuting for furniture hardware companies.
Benefits of telecommuting
- • According to the report “Working anytime, anywhere: The effects on the world of work” from the International Labor Organization, telecommuting increases a company’s productivity. This is possible because the worker spends less time commuting from their home to the workplace.
- • Telecommuting allows the company to save on general expenses, such as office rent, utility bills, maintenance of facilities, etc. But in addition, the worker also has fewer personal expenses related to transportation or eating out.
- • Remote work expands the spectrum of employees that you can hire, since they no longer have to live in the same city. Therefore, you can build up a more diverse and professional pool of talent.
- • Another advantage of telecommuting is the decrease in work absenteeism.
- • Also, it allows employees to achieve a better balance between their personal and professional lives. They have greater autonomy and more flexible schedules. Consequently, they are more satisfied and motivated.
- • Finally, in large cities, telecommuting can help to improve daily traffic congestion by reducing the number of cars on the road. Obviously, this is beneficial for the environment as well.
How to deal with the drawbacks of telecommuting
- • In order to avoid deficient communication between employer and employee, different work organization tools can be used. Chat, video calls, etc. allow the worker to feel connected. Additionally, this allows supervisors to monitor the progress of tasks. Trust in your workers is essential for this type of work model to be successful.
- • Remote work poses a challenge in terms of the company’s cybersecurity and privacy. Therefore, it is worth investing in technology to ensure the company’s data is never compromised.
- • The inability of many employees to set boundaries between their personal and professional lives can cause increased stress due to long workdays. Because of this, the company should offer its employees resources and motivate them to reconcile these two facets of their lives. In this case, it may also be beneficial to move telecommuting to part-time.
- • To ensure the wellbeing of its workers, the company needs to respect the employees’ work and rest schedules.
At IBMH, we believe in people, their value and their vision to change the present and improve the future. For this reason, one of our main priorities is to be conscious of the lives, health and wellbeing of our workers and everyone involved in our operations of import management for construction and furniture hardware in China. And we always try to apply the work models that offer the greatest benefit to everyone: our clients, our workers and the company.
Have you tried to incorporate telecommuting in your company? What has your experience working from home been like? Have you noticed any benefits of telecommuting in the company’s results?