The Employee Experience is as important as the experience of customers when buying a product or using a service. Not just because that internal customer is the one who will speak to external customers. But because their satisfaction is key to the retention of talent and will also have an impact on productivity.
What is the Employee Experience?
The Employee Experience (EX) could be defined as the set of experiences of employees in relation to the company. In other words, the image, perception, and degree of satisfaction of a worker from the time he knows the company until he ceases to be part of it.
All these interactions of the worker with the company include formal relationships: interviews, meetings. And the informal ones: company dinners, coexistence activities. Which have their impact on the way of performing daily work.
Employee experience is key, why?
The experience of the external customer is much more likely to be good if it is also good for the internal customer. Aren’t employees the best ambassadors for a brand? If they are happy, if they have a feeling of belonging to the company, they will make it known to their relatives. And if the opposite happens, if they do not feel fulfilled in the company, it will be far from speaking wonders of it.
But the Employee Experience is also key to employee motivation and, therefore, productivity. Even so that the current talent wants to remain in the squad. It should also be remembered that each employee could also be a potential customer. Know first-hand the quality of the products and services offered.
On the other hand, a happy employee will be the best brand representative. The one who makes known the culture, values, and business philosophy to possible new talents to incorporate into the team.
Best practices to improve the employee experience
Consumers don’t just appreciate the quality of the product they buy. They also value the attention and treatment they receive, among other things. The same thing happens with internal customers.
- Employees don’t just stay with the company for salary. They also consider other aspects such as working hours, flexibility and the working climate. Basic concepts that the company cannot neglect if it wants to offer the best Employee Experience.
- Another key point in the employee experience is autonomy in decision-making. That they feel that managers trust their judgment and their ability to solve problems.
- If internal communication is effective, you already have a lot of work in advance. The internal customer will be considered while he can be aware of everything relevant. Which in turn contributes to improving the feeling of belonging.
- Carrying out activities outside the company, in recreational spaces, serves to strengthen ties with colleagues and create a good work environment.
- The recognition of personal and team achievements by managers will be viewed with a show of confidence on the part of workers.
Who is responsible for managing the Employee Experience?
All members who are part of the company. From managers to suppliers to administrative staff. It is the task of each one to do their part so that the environment is ideal.
However, from the Human Resources department and with the support of the managers, actions must be implemented whose objectives are to provide an excellent Employee Experience.
At IBMH we also consider both the satisfaction of our employees and our customers.
That is why we want to offer you our professional management for all your imports of furniture and construction hardware from China with which you can improve the profitability of your business, without setbacks. Contact us today!