If you are an importer of furniture or construction hardware, you are probably concerned about how to ensure that quality materials are used in the manufacture of furniture hardware that you buy from China.
Lately, we at IBMH have detected a need to pay special attention to the quality of stainless steel, one of the most-used materials in the manufacture of hardware managed in China for our clients. For this reason, we have taken the necessary measures to resolve this situation. We’ll tell you everything in this post.
The quality of steel affects whether quality materials are used in the manufacture of furniture hardware
In China, there is little control over the use of certain materials, their distribution and processing. In particular, this is the problem that has recently emerged with materials that contain stainless steel. The main issue is that control of First In First Out (FIFO) is completely null.
For example, in some of the products that we manage, the specifications indicated by our clients require that the steel used must contain a specific concentration of Nickel (Ni) (1.0% or a minimum of 0.8%) in order to have SS201 grade steel.
However, what is currently happening is that manufacturers will receive different quality grades in a single delivery, and then process and send hardware of different levels of quality. But thanks to the exhaustive control of our expert team of inspectors, we are able to proactively detect mismanagement of the different grades of steel being produced.
IBMH, pioneers in quality control of stainless steel in China
At IBMH, we have acquired the latest technology necessary to determine the quality of the stainless steel used in materials for the production of our clients’ hardware. We use devices with high density X-ray technology.
With this technology, we are the first to:
- • Be able to guarantee that the content of the different chemical elements in the stainless steel bars is adequate.
- • Confidently rate the quality of this material without needing to request any certificates of origin to verify the lot number of the steel used.
… and this allows us to:
- • Verify in real-time that the stainless steel meets the established requirements.
- • Provide our clients with a guarantee of the quality of their products.
This is just one of many tests that we perform to detect possible flaws right at the start of production. Because of this, we can:
- • Resolve any issues proactively.
- • Avoid delays in the established manufacturing timeline.
- • Verify that the manufacturers use raw materials with the necessary quality and first-class equipment.
- • Ensure that the products we manage are made with the highest quality demanded by our clients.
Have you had problems guaranteeing that quality materials are used in the manufacture of furniture hardware that you import from Chinas? Are you confident that the material in your latest imports hasn’t suffered from this drop in quality? Before your customers complain, verify the quality of your hardware and fix the problem before it gets out of hand.
At IBMH, we not only help you with an excellent quality control service and a good purchase price. We also offer you a comprehensive service to ensure the success of your hardware imports from China. Let’s talk?